Raw Chef Associate – Curriculum II
Curriculum II Raw Chef Asociate offers the unique opportunity to work hands-on with one of the world’s most outstanding master raw food chef Mehmet Ak. The course provides you with ample personal attention and assistance with individual goals. Become confident with knife skills and familiar with kitchen equipment and time-saving gadgets of all kinds. This 10-day hands-on course expands on Curriculum I and provides the foundation necessary to attend our Raw Culinary Chef Instructor class. Learn how to develop recipes; do demos, combine herbs and spices to create both classic and ethnic flavors without using recipes; balance textures and flavors within individual recipes or across entire menus; sprout grains, seeds, and legumes; make luscious meals; combine foods for optimum digestion and nutrition; create raw versions of cooked food recipes; organize and manage a raw food kitchen, and much more!
What You Will Learn
- Raw Culinary Gastronomy techniques for healthy meal preparation
- Setting-up and managing your raw food kitchen
- Using basic equipment common in a raw food kitchen (food processors, blenders, spiralizer, spirooli, juicers and dehydrators, including proper temperature settings for different applications)
- Basic knife technique—which knives are used for which tasks (i.e. chopping, dicing, mincing, julienning, chiffonade)
- Basic measures and equivalents (i.e. teaspoons to tablespoons, ounces to cups, quarts to gallons, etc.)
- How to follow recipes and convert cooked recipes to raw recipes
- Hands-on experience in making fresh garden soups, sauces, salad dressings, salads, simple entrees, wraps and rolls, pâtés, crackers and desserts
- Understanding Turkish and Middle-Eastern flavor
- Getting ready for Demo
- Effective menu planning
- Organic vegan farming
Prerequisites: Curriculum I
DISCOVER Breakthrough RAW FOOD Technology
RGI offers a practical methodology for producing breakthroughs—achievements that are extraordinary, İN YOUR HEALTH AND WELL-BEING. The RGI is grounded in a model of raw culinary art transformative learning— gives people an awareness of the basic structures how to know somethink taste good, and act around the kitchen.
This 4-day hands-on course expands on Curriculum I and provides the foundation necessary to attend our Curriculum III. Curriculum II offers the unique opportunity to work hands-on with some of the world’s most outstanding raw food chefs and teachers and provide you with ample personal attention and assistance with your individual goals as a raw chef.
You will become confident with your knife technique and familiar with a raw chef’s kitchen equipment.. You will learn how to develop recipes, combine herbs and spices to create both classic and ethnic flavors, balance textures and flavors, sprout grains, seeds, and legumes, combine foods for optimum digestion and nutrition, create raw versions of cooked food recipes, organize and manage a raw food kitchen and much more!
RGI’s chef certification is based on a standard of excellence and is highly regarded in the vegetarian, vegan and raw food communities. This course is designed to assist you in achieving the highest level of skill in preparing raw foods and developing a career off of it.
The schedule for 2020 – Curriculum II
|June||13-16 (all day 8:30am-6pm; includes all meals)|
|August||20-23 (all day 8:30am-6pm; includes all meals)|
|November||12-18 (all day 8:30am-6pm; includes all meals)|
All classes held at RGI’s Chicago Campus
Course Length: 7 days
Includes: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Class Binder and Certification
Dinner is at 5:30pm